Waukegan, Ill. (May 4, 2012) Leveraging proven industry insights that inspire high-performing products, WMS Gaming Inc., a subsidiary of WMS Industries Inc., displayed its portfolio of products and innovations at the 2012 National Indian Gaming Association Tradeshow and Convention (NIGA), on April 3-4, 2012. The WMS commitment to Engaging Players. Delivering Results.™ was clearly evident with more than 50 new gaming machines that featured a range of dynamic entertainment experiences designed to engage current players and attract new ones, enhance loyalty, and drive performance for tribal casino operators.
WMS products on display at NIGA 2012 included differentiated game-play mechanics, more diverse math models, innovative reel arrays, as well as Networked Game Enablement solutions. WMS also introduced their latest games, including the Colossal Reels™ series and iconic CLUE™ theme, and debuted the first participation games – the Super Team® and Aladdin & The Magic Quest™ themes – that leveraged the capabilities and functionality made possible by the next-generation CPU-NXT®3 platform.
Rob Bone, Vice President, North American Sales for WMS said, “This year’s NIGA product line-up truly demonstrated our refocus on the importance of math models, as we are offering more than twice the unique math models and more diverse gaming experiences than ever before. In both our for-sale and premium libraries, we also debuted products with all-new game play mechanics and features that offer great value propositions for our Native American customers and their players. We are always happy to be part of such an important event.”
Fifty-two machines with differentiated slot entertainment experiences for the Native American Gaming market were on display including:
- COLOSSAL REELS : New to the WMS Innovation Series™ category, the Colossal Reels series utilizes the full widescreen power of the Bluebird®2 and Bluebird xD™ cabinets to feature two sets of reels – traditional and oversized – that transfer wild symbols between reels. The Colossal Reels series launched with four themes and is currently performing at more than twice house averages*.
- Clue: This new wide area progressive is based on the classic board game, enabled with Adaptive Gaming® technology and features Player’s Life Web Services online games and leaderboards. The Clue theme allows multiple players on a bank to unlock bonuses and work together to solve the mystery. If the player does not solve the mystery following a bonus round, the next player has better odds at solving the mystery.
- Life of Luxury®™ Deluxe: The latest Life of Luxury Deluxe theme is the follow-up to the successful Life of Luxury Progressive series. The game features a Local Area Progressive free-spin bonus randomly triggered during standard G+® Deluxe and G+ Deluxe 5×4 base game-play. In the progressive, free-spin bonus round, a max-wager spin guarantees a progressive award if the picking bonus is triggered.
- Monster Jackpots™: This new theme is the first game from WMS that features the classic UNIVERSAL MONSTERS™ such as Frankenstein™, Dracula™, Invisible Man™, The Wolf Man™, The Mummy™, Creature from the Black Lagoon™ and Bride of Frankenstein™ in unique base games and bonus rounds. In the free spin bonus round, players select their own volatility level to try to capture Monsters and win a large jackpot. (initial approvals anticipated in the June 2012 quarter)
- GONE WITH THE WIND: A new brand for WMS, the GONE WITH THE WIND theme is based on one of the most popular theatrical motion pictures of all time. With a unique video reel interface, the GONE WITH THE WIND theme features Sensory Immersion technology and a wide-area progressive that will entice players with nostalgic romantic influences and exciting bonus rounds. (initial approvals anticipated in the June 2012 quarter)
- POWER SPINS™: A new family for the video Bonus Bank player featuring a base game with the look and feel of the popular G+ Deluxe series will launch with four themes. Each game enables players to activate an acquired POWER SPIN event at any time to increase the chance of winning. Players can accumulate POWER SPIN events higher than the maximum bet, allowing for a significantly more volatile experience.
- AWESOME REELS™: Launching with the Lady of Athens™ and Lone Wolf™ themes, the Awesome Reels series adds a sixth reel that expands big wins into even bigger wins.
- ROYAL SERIES: Designed for the pure gambling player, the new Royal Series from WMS features a straightforward interface design with simplified sound, celebrations and art, using royals and very realistic, high-resolution symbols. This series also features a 3-level Local Area and Standalone progressive, with a Local Area Progressive for the top level, and Standalone progressives for levels two and three. The Royal Series is available with multiple jackpot configurations and launches with two unique themes and math models.
WMS Portal Products Offer Operational Efficiencies and Engaging Content With a growing base of WMS customers realizing the benefits of the Company’s Networked Gaming Portal applications, and Remote Configuration & Download capabilities, the WMS booth at NIGA 2012 highlighted the operational efficiencies and seamless delivery of fresh, engaging on-demand content that these products offer. The featured Portal theme includes the Mega Multiplier® series with the Super Shot™ theme that offers bonus action powered by a real-time physics engine.
At NIGA 2012, WMS also showed its growing portfolio of games for Class II, including Zeus™ III and Queen of the Wild ® pull-tab games and Wicked Beauty™ and Mystical Worlds™ bingo games on both the Bluebird2 and Bluebird xD cabinets.
About WMS WMS is engaged in serving the gaming industry worldwide by designing, manufacturing, and marketing games, video and mechanical reel-spinning gaming machines, video lottery terminals and in gaming operations, which consists of the placement of leased participation gaming machines in legal gaming venues. WMS is proactively addressing the next stage of casino gaming floor evolution with its WAGE-NET® networked gaming solution, a suite of systems technologies and applications designed to increase customers’ revenue generating capabilities and operational efficiency. More information on WMS can be found at www.wms.com or visit the Company on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube